A Travellerspoint blog


sunny 31 °C
View Our Travel Moves... on livetotravel14's travel map.

Wednesday -
We landed in Singapore and had to fill in a immigration card each which were handed out on the plane but one was never handed to us so we didn't think anything of it. After pissing around with immigration we finally made our way to our hostel and figured out our way on the train lines to our hostel at the Aljunied train stop. Looking for the street that the hostel was on was the hard part but within a few minutes we had figured it out. It was just a normal door at the end of the street among shops and restaurants with 98SG on the door on A4 pieces of paper. The hostel luckily had a 4 bed dorm free for $18 pp per night, we booked two night so we had chance to relax and not have to find somewhere else to stay tomorrow. By this time it was 10pm so we decided to try and find some food, we walked along the street and come to a place which looked like an all you can eat but it was just pick what you want all ready cooked and they charge you for what you choose. My cost $4SGD for rice noodles, chicken nuggets and fried pork and Joe's cost $3.80SGD for egg nooles, veg and fried pork. It was now late so we bought some water and headed back to the hostel to chill out.
Thursday -
We headed to City Hall train station as we presumed this is where all of the attractions would be. We got off the train and headed into the theatre and made our way to the roof top to look out over the city. After getting a few photos we made our way into the city for a walk around and found how to get to the Supertrees in the Gardens of Bay. Then decided to head to Chinatown on the train from Bayfront train station. As we walked out of the train station at Chinatown, there were decorations everywhere from when the chinese had celebrated Chinese New Year of the Horse. We carried on waking and come across two temples called Sri Mariamman and Buddha tooth relic temple and museum. The Sri Mariamman temple you had to take your shoes and pay to take photos so we quickly walked around the temple as the floor was boiling and got out back to our shoes. We moved on the Buddha temple were me and Becka was asked to cover up with things they provided and then go inside but the boys were told to go upstairs for some reason. After looking around the temple and museum, we decided to head back to our hostel and grab some tea before coming back later on to see the Supertrees. We found a little restaurant down the road from us which cooked fresh food as last nights food was cold. After looking at the menu we did not know what to try so we took pot luck and chose Wonton noodles for me and Shrimp dumpling noodles for Joe. When we were finally ready we made our way to the Supertrees at City Hall train stop, the trees are amazing and you can go for a walk along the bridge across some of them but we decided to give it a miss. After a nice long strole exploring the park where most thing were closed as it was about 11:30pm we made our way back to City Hall train station to find the trains finished at 12am and now it was 12:15am. Oops! So we sort of figured out which way to head walking when we saw a bus drive pasted so we went to see what stops they went at that we could recognised. We ran for a bus we thought was ours but didn't make it so we asked a local guy who tried to help us as much as possible and we finally got on a bus towards our hostel. We got off the bus a few streets away and walked towards our hostel along the way the street was busy and there were hookers everywhere! For some reason I was shocked!
Friday -
We left the hostel early and made our way to woodlands to find a train to Kuala Lumpur. After reaching woodlands we were told we needed to go to another train station to find the train to Kuala Lumpur so we headed there on the last bus to book our sleeper train ride. When we arrived at the station we found out there was no room on the night sleeper train so our only option was to either get the 2pm in 30 minutes or wait until tomorrow. We decided to jump on the 2pm but we didn't manage to grab any lunch before but only bought 3 packets of crisps and big bottle of water so that was our food and water for the next 8 hours....

Posted by livetotravel14 05:30 Archived in Singapore

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint